About Me

My photo
Yup, I admit it..I'm a grandma!! But I still love having fun, sports, and rock & roll! I enjoy my family, friends, and Granger Community Church family. If I'm not home you can probably find me at Borders or Starbucks!!

Monday, November 12, 2007

Pre-Christmas Jitters


" Look, Charlie, let's face it. We all know that Christmas is a big commercial racket. It's run by a big eastern syndicate, you know"...Lucy Van Pelt (PEANUTS)
The holiday season is fast approaching and I must admit I am dragging my feet....
It is not that I don't like Christmas but I do find myself longing for a simpler version of the holiday season. Less focus on "to do" lists. More focus on reflection. If Christmas really does start in the heart...I guess it will be what I make it. If I really believe that the day belongs to Jesus, then, well, I'll give it back to Him. So I've purposed in my spirit to de-stress my holiday season. I'm hoping my flesh agrees.

1 comment:

Kristin Baker said...

This is what the Christmas series is all about! Hope it encourages you and keeps you on track with this.