About Me

My photo
Yup, I admit it..I'm a grandma!! But I still love having fun, sports, and rock & roll! I enjoy my family, friends, and Granger Community Church family. If I'm not home you can probably find me at Borders or Starbucks!!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Job Loss

Today I learned that the poor economy has hit my beloved church. I guess it was only a matter of time. Friends have lost their jobs. Friends that served well.
Then I read this post by Rick Warren and was reminded that God ALWAYS has a plan.
He did for me. He does for them.
"God doesn’t always protect believers from having to face the same difficulties that unbelievers must face; and he allows unbelievers to experience some of the same benefits that we, as believers, enjoy because we are a part of his creation. One reason for this: it allows those who don’t know Jesus to see what it really means to know him. When someone sees a believer finding even a bit of light in the middle of a struggle, it helps those who do believe in Jesus to see who he really is and that he is the light in the darkness."
"

No comments: