About Me

My photo
Yup, I admit it..I'm a grandma!! But I still love having fun, sports, and rock & roll! I enjoy my family, friends, and Granger Community Church family. If I'm not home you can probably find me at Borders or Starbucks!!

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Love you Dad


My dad went to be home with the Lord yesterday. He was the best. Supportive in everyway. Everyone loved him. A man who walked with God and could leave this earth with no regrets. I never struggled with the concept of a gracious, loving, forgiving Heavenly Father...because I had a gracious, loving, forgiving Earthly one.
He was known for his flower gardens...Jesus, put him in charge of your gardens, heaven will never have looked so good nor smelled so fragrant! And I'm sure if there is Bluegrass in heaven, he is "pickin' and a grinnin'". He will be missed.

I miss him already.

2 comments:

Terry Ingle said...

I don't know if there are too many people who have a father-in-law who is also a best friend, but I did. He reflected the heart of Jesus in his love, compassion, and grace. I feel sorry for anyone who didn't know him. He left a void in my heart that no one will ever be able to fill.
I love you dad. See you later...

Melissa said...

i loved him too.... wanted you to know i came across your blog and am praying for you.... your dad was a great man.... thinking about you.