About Me

My photo
Yup, I admit it..I'm a grandma!! But I still love having fun, sports, and rock & roll! I enjoy my family, friends, and Granger Community Church family. If I'm not home you can probably find me at Borders or Starbucks!!

Friday, December 22, 2006

CHRISTMASTIME IS HERE


The preparations are done...gifts bought and wrapped....cookies baked. Now I just wait for my family to arrive and celebrate Christmas. Last evening I had the priveledge to serve holy communion at my church. What a meaningful experience for me...it really put my Christmas in perspective. It is so easy to get caught up in all the hustle and bustle of the season and forget the simpleness and quietness of what this holiday is really all about...not only the birth of Jesus but the knowledge that this baby would be destined to die. For me.... As I anticipate the birth of my first grandchild in January, I reflect upon the bittersweet emotions Mary must have had...she truely was a special woman and I don't feel we honor her enough. I intend to spend some quiet, reflective times this weekend.....

No comments: