About Me

My photo
Yup, I admit it..I'm a grandma!! But I still love having fun, sports, and rock & roll! I enjoy my family, friends, and Granger Community Church family. If I'm not home you can probably find me at Borders or Starbucks!!

Saturday, December 30, 2006

James

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

I'm having a hard time swallowing this verse these days...how is joy possible when going through trouble? I'm not experiencing any pleasure from my pain, God, and I'm not really sure about the persevering part. I guess I'm to take comfort in the fact that You are in control of everything in my life right now...and that you are going to work through this pain to develop in me whatever it is you feel I need......endurance? patience?? trust????

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him."

Okay, God, whatever.......

1 comment:

Julie Smies said...

I resonate with this post girl. I trust Him but I wish...that everything was easier? Maybe, but I drift when things are too easy. I guess I just need to be reassured frequently that He's got my back.
Your comment on my blog was one of those reassuring reminders for me.
Thanks and I'm saying your name in His ear.