About Me

My photo
Yup, I admit it..I'm a grandma!! But I still love having fun, sports, and rock & roll! I enjoy my family, friends, and Granger Community Church family. If I'm not home you can probably find me at Borders or Starbucks!!

Sunday, January 14, 2007

A quiet voice


"I'm convinced that the people God uses the most are often the people who have experienced the most adversity." Mark Batterson-"In a pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day"

I just finished this book and read much about facing the future with courage and being a risk-taker. Good stuff...but I dunno. I much prefer comfortable and safe and stability. I don't want to shortchange God or keep Him from doing the work in my life that needs to be done...but does it always have to come through adversity and pain and fear and struggle??
And then I read the scriptures, the life of David, the disciples, Paul, even Jesus, and I resign myself to the fact that maybe it does. Maybe that is His plan. I ask Him..." God, Why Me?"
And I hear a quiet voice say, "Why not you...I have provision for you that you know not of...more than you can ask or imagine." **sigh**

No comments: