About Me

My photo
Yup, I admit it..I'm a grandma!! But I still love having fun, sports, and rock & roll! I enjoy my family, friends, and Granger Community Church family. If I'm not home you can probably find me at Borders or Starbucks!!

Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Reminder




Jeremiah 17:8 (New Living Translation)
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by
Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers.
8 They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit.



We lost our pretty Bradford Pear tree in a storm this past week. We had purchased it over 4 years ago as a sappling and had nurtured it and protected it through many a drought and storm. At this point in time we felt it was strong and secure.

Reminds me that I can never get too confident in my own security and strength. I, too, am fragile. A sudden storm can blow up at any time and topple me if my roots are not grounded and prepared.




No comments: