About Me

My photo
Yup, I admit it..I'm a grandma!! But I still love having fun, sports, and rock & roll! I enjoy my family, friends, and Granger Community Church family. If I'm not home you can probably find me at Borders or Starbucks!!

Thursday, September 27, 2007

cancer

I just spent the last hour in a hospital room visiting an old friend who is dying of cancer. What a dreadful disease. Cancer strips you. Not only of hair and body mass but of dignity. You eat from a bag. You eliminate waste into a bag. There are tubes every place there is room to place a tube. But as I sat there talking with my friend and reminiscing about old times there was a sense of joy. Cancer can not take a person's soul. It can not strip you of the joy of knowing that there is a better place being prepared for you. It can not take the fact that you matter to God away. My friend feels like she is in a "win-win" situation....either way she will go home from that hospital room. In this war--cancer will lose.

1 comment:

Kristin Baker said...

What a powerful statement that Cancer doesn't take the soul. Glad you could be an encouragement to your friend and she to you.