About Me

My photo
Yup, I admit it..I'm a grandma!! But I still love having fun, sports, and rock & roll! I enjoy my family, friends, and Granger Community Church family. If I'm not home you can probably find me at Borders or Starbucks!!

Monday, November 17, 2008

Am I Teachable?



Sometimes I ask myself...Do I learn ANYTHING from the circumstances of my life?
At times I can give a resounding YES! But there are times when I feel the discouragement of realizing I haven't gained any ground at all. Didn't I listen? Didn't I take into account? Didn't I recall that...? Won't I EVER learn?!


What has God taught me from failure?
What has God taught me from a lack of money?
What has God taught me from pain or sorrow or depression?
What has God taught me through waiting?
What has God taught me through illness?
What has God taught me from disappointment?
What have I learned from my family, my church, my relationships, my small group, and my critics?

PSALM 119:13
Be blessed, God;
train me in your ways of wise living.
I'll transfer to my lips
all the counsel that comes from your mouth;
I delight far more in what you tell me about living
than in gathering a pile of riches.
I ponder every morsel of wisdom from you,
I attentively watch how you've done it.
I relish everything you've told me of life,
I won't forget a word of it.

No comments: