About Me

My photo
Yup, I admit it..I'm a grandma!! But I still love having fun, sports, and rock & roll! I enjoy my family, friends, and Granger Community Church family. If I'm not home you can probably find me at Borders or Starbucks!!

Friday, November 17, 2006

It's all over the news....people camping out in front of my neighborhood "Best Buy" for three days in order to pay $600 for one of 34 playstation 3's. I'ts been raining and cold, two of the campers even were robbed....all for a video game?? I ask myself, what is it that I am so obsessed with and passionate over that I would give my money and , more sacrificially, my time for. I hope that it is something more than stuff. I hope that it is something with real value. I hope that it is something that won't be replaced with a " new & improved" model in a few short months. Family, church, friends come to mind. As Thanksgiving approaches this week and I get ready to prepare for the holidays I am going to try to remind myself to not get caught up in all the pressure and stress. Let me be thankful and joyful and not have a "Playstation" mentality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very well said. The problem is not to enjoy material things but rather to see their relative worth in YOUR grand scheme of things.