About Me

My photo
Yup, I admit it..I'm a grandma!! But I still love having fun, sports, and rock & roll! I enjoy my family, friends, and Granger Community Church family. If I'm not home you can probably find me at Borders or Starbucks!!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Self-Image

What IS it about a haircut & color that makes one feel a little better about oneself??? Seriously, guys may not understand this but after an afternoon at the salon...I walk straighter, look in the mirror more often, do that little "hair flippy thing" and smile at everyone. Who AM I???? Was this the same person that was grumbling this morning over needing to lose 10+ pounds? Searching through my closet at the same old clothes...absolutely nothing to wear! Jotting down the name of that new facial cream that advertises "wrinkles and fine lines disappear like magic"!
Such a little thing...chemicals & scissors. I am thankful for those who know how to use them!!

Charm can mislead and beauty soon fades. The woman to be admired and praised is the woman who lives in the Fear-of-God Proverbs 31

1 comment:

AuDrEy said...

Hey Sherry, this article is completely how i feel. i am right there with you sister friend. (: it was great to see you at church this weekend. great job serving. ☺