About Me

My photo
Yup, I admit it..I'm a grandma!! But I still love having fun, sports, and rock & roll! I enjoy my family, friends, and Granger Community Church family. If I'm not home you can probably find me at Borders or Starbucks!!

Friday, April 13, 2007

GRACE

"You must make allowance for each other's faults and forgive the person who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others".--Colossians 3:13

I enjoyed a wonderful New Community service at my church last evening. We've started a new series on grace and, because God doesn't do anything in my life by accident, it has come at a most appropriate time. I listened intently to Dr. Bob share his struggles with growing up in a legalistic church and how his heart breaks when he sees Christians refuse to extend grace to fellow believers. My early church background was also one of "stepping over" the down & out brother--after all they should have known better. If I forgive them, isn't that the same as condoning what they have done? I guess it goes back to the popular question--What would Jesus do? The best way I can show my gratitude for the grace and forgiveness God gives to me is to extend it to others. It's been said that " hurting people hurt people". I need to respond in compassion to those who hurt me, quit trying to defend myself, and learn to love others like Jesus does. I'm anxiously looking forward to the rest of this series.

No comments: