About Me

My photo
Yup, I admit it..I'm a grandma!! But I still love having fun, sports, and rock & roll! I enjoy my family, friends, and Granger Community Church family. If I'm not home you can probably find me at Borders or Starbucks!!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

TRUST

"We're following a guide we know nothing about. How do we know which side that bird is on? Why shouldn't it be leading us into a trap?"
"That's a nasty idea. Still--a robin, you know. They're good birds in all the stories I've ever read, I'm sure a robin wouldn't be on the wrong side".
Edmund to Peter "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe"

As I've spent much time praying for wisdom and discernment the past few months I've come to realize that I can't depend on the actions, words, advice, or counsel of others. Oh sure, those are all necessary in order to make good decisions, but when it comes right down to it, that inner peace you feel has to be from God. No one will understand it. I'm not sure I understand it. I think Job must have felt like that. Friends telling him to "hang in there". Family telling him to "curse God and die". What to do? All mean well. But who can he really trust? Who should he put his faith in when life looks bleak? I'll claim Proverbs 3:5&6--"Trust in the Lord....."

No comments: