About Me

My photo
Yup, I admit it..I'm a grandma!! But I still love having fun, sports, and rock & roll! I enjoy my family, friends, and Granger Community Church family. If I'm not home you can probably find me at Borders or Starbucks!!

Sunday, July 01, 2007

LOVE & RESPECT


My husband and I have been reading this book together. At first, I was having some difficulty reconciling the "unconditional love" and "unconditional respect" concept. I mean, everyone knows that there must be unconditional love in a relationship, right? But respect must be earned. Not so, says Dr. Eggerichs. If I obey God's word...God will put forgiveness in my heart and the respect will follow. Hhmmmm.....I know that to be true. My job is to obey the Lord and not worry about the "logs in my husband's eye"...I have my own to contend with. "Forgiving is the direct opposite of judging. Nothing is easier than judging, nothing is harder than forgiving, and nothing can reap more blessings."


No comments: