About Me

My photo
Yup, I admit it..I'm a grandma!! But I still love having fun, sports, and rock & roll! I enjoy my family, friends, and Granger Community Church family. If I'm not home you can probably find me at Borders or Starbucks!!

Sunday, July 22, 2007

St.Joe, Michigan



One of my favorite summer spots is St. Joseph, Michigan. My husband and I love to take our bikes up and ride around the town. We swing on the wooden swings while watching the boats . Sometimes we go down to the beach. But we always stop for ice cream before heading home. We were looking forward to this years Venetian Festival but we were so disappointed!!! The normally friendly people of St. Joe treated us so rudely as we looked to find a parking place or tried to accommodate all the new "rules" in place for this event. One way stairwells were heavily guarded and the bathrooms were padlocked with guards in place. We couldn't even enjoy some tempting "fair food" as our money wasn't accepted here. Only a ticket which had to be purchased at the other end of the boulevard. Few vendors set up their booths this year as compared to previous ones---have they experienced too many rules also?? We left with the decision to not attend next year's festival but to enjoy St. Joe as we have in the past....on a quiet Sunday afternoon without all the hullabaloo!!

No comments: