About Me

My photo
Yup, I admit it..I'm a grandma!! But I still love having fun, sports, and rock & roll! I enjoy my family, friends, and Granger Community Church family. If I'm not home you can probably find me at Borders or Starbucks!!

Friday, July 18, 2008

PLANS



God laughs when we make plans....

I thought I had it pretty well figured out. I had a plan. An agenda. A "to-do" list that would accomplish what I wanted to accomplish. A goal that I could reach. I felt comfortable with my new focus. I've come to the conclusion that God never wants us to "get comfortable". I think He delights in throwing conflicts into our dayplanners. It makes us trust Him. It allows Him to work through us in ways that we would not think of nor give energy to if left on our own. We are stretched...but growing pains are uncomfortable, even painful at times. As I look back at my carefully made plans that do not even make sense anymore, I realize how important they seemed at the time, but now I'm seeing a bigger picture. I'm still not sure how the story ends...but I trust in the one who does.
"I know, O Lord, that a man's life is not his own;
it is not for man to direct his steps" Jeremiah 10:23

No comments: