About Me

My photo
Yup, I admit it..I'm a grandma!! But I still love having fun, sports, and rock & roll! I enjoy my family, friends, and Granger Community Church family. If I'm not home you can probably find me at Borders or Starbucks!!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

ELECTION WOES



I'll admit it. I'm confused.
All of this election stuff has my brain jumbled.
Apparently I'm supposed to be for one candidate or another. I don't find it that easy. I listen and read and try to decipher what they are saying. And I find good and bad in both. I'm not convinced that either one is the answer to this world's problems. My husband gets frustrated with me. He is very outspoken in what he believes and doesn't understand why I don't always agree with him. It's not that I don't agree, but I do tend to see things from a different angle at times.
I'm not sure, yet, who I will vote for in this election, but I was thankful for this passage that God gave me today in my devotions. Again, an assurance that whoever wins...God is still in control !

Isaiah 65:17-22 (The Message)

"Pay close attention now:
I'm creating new heavens and a new earth.
All the earlier troubles, chaos, and pain
are things of the past, to be forgotten.
Look ahead with joy.
Anticipate what I'm creating:
I'll create Jerusalem as sheer joy,
create my people as pure delight.
I'll take joy in Jerusalem,
take delight in my people:
No more sounds of weeping in the city,
no cries of anguish;
No more babies dying in the cradle,
or old people who don't enjoy a full lifetime;
One-hundredth birthdays will be considered normal—
anything less will seem like a cheat.
They'll build houses
and move in.
They'll plant fields
and eat what they grow.
No more building a house
that some outsider takes over,
No more planting fields
that some enemy confiscates,
For my people will be as long-lived as trees,
my chosen ones will have satisfaction in their work.

No comments: