About Me

My photo
Yup, I admit it..I'm a grandma!! But I still love having fun, sports, and rock & roll! I enjoy my family, friends, and Granger Community Church family. If I'm not home you can probably find me at Borders or Starbucks!!

Friday, October 03, 2008



I had just pulled into Target and my mind was spinning. Decisions. Next steps. Wondering what God has in store for me and my husband. When this little sparrow hopped onto the cart rack beside me and looked at me through my car window, as if to tell me "Ya know what? I don't worry about what I'm going to wear, or what I will eat,or even what tomorrow may hold...I have a heavenly Father who takes care of ALL my needs!" We looked at each other for awhile, then I began to smile. Thanks God for that simple reminder...you are all I need!

My interpretation influences my situation. It’s not what happens to me that matters as much as how I choose to see it. The way I react will determine whether the circumstance makes me better or bitter. I can view everything as an obstacle or an opportunity for growth – a stumbling block or a stepping stone. “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything” (James 1:2-4 NIV). (Rick Warren)

1 comment:

Kristin Baker said...

What a great story! And beautifully said! Praying for you guys. Keep us in the loop on the job status. Terry said you had some prospects.